Monday, October 19, 2009

8 weeks to go!

Today I finalised my payment for Antarctica - the countdown is on! On the positive side my running training is going right on schedule. On Sunday morning I ran 28km - well I actually ran 8km by myself and then met up with my friend Rob to run the last 20km!

It was a great run particularly since I got to use my new Garmin and it worked brilliantly. I set it up to count laps every kilometer so I was able to run out for exactly 4km and then turn around. I ended up running 8km in 47 min, average pace 5min56sec/km and average HR 141bpm. For the next 20km I took 1hr59min58sec, average pace 5min59sec/km and average HR 140bpm. So it shows that I can maintain my pace for at least 28km, which is a great outcome!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's awesome you're using GPS to help you with the run distances. Good you're keeping your average HR down too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Now you just have to work out what to pack! No seriously, well done and what a huge amount of work you are putting in for this great cause

    ReplyDelete