- Do not smoke
- Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, legumes and wholegrain cereals
- Eat fish 2-3 times a week, especially oily fish (like salmon)
- Remove all visible fat from meats and cook with oils not solid fats
- Limit your salt intake
- Reduce your intake of takeaways or convenience foods
- Drink alcohol moderately if you choose to drink
- Include at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity daily
- Include muscle strengthening exercise at least 2-3 times weekly
- Reduce your daily sitting time
I got some great positive feedback about my challenge and there were lots of questions about how I planned to actually run on the snow and ice 'carefully' and how I would cope with the extreme cold 'lots of layers'.
Since the breakfast meeting took the place of my morning run I had to do my training run in the afternoon. Luckily for me it had been a lovely spring day in Melbourne, so the after work run ended up being a very pleasant way to finish my day!