Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Page 5 Girl

Hot off the presses an article in today's Stonnington Leader Newspaper on page 5! While I was getting photos taken in Fawkner Park across the road from the Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, the 'photographer' thought that the Baker IDI logo on the building was framed very nicely between the tree trunk and the branch and jokingly suggested 'we could get a photo of you in the tree'. I guess most of you wouldn't be surprised that I readily agreed before I had considered how exactly I was going to get up the tree since the branch was way over my head and there were no step ladders! So I hope everyone likes the photo because it took some effort for me to climb the tree - especially since this was only 3 days after the marathon and there wasn't much strength left in my legs to push me up onto the branch. This meant that the poor photographer had to help and push me up on the branch!

Anyway I think they did a great job overall with the article and the photographer was pleased with the untraditional pose and best of all my 6 year old niece was very impressed to see that her aunty can climb trees!

PS - Thanks to my neighbour Duncan I discovered that this article was also published in the Bayside Leader Newspaper!

1 comment: